Friday, June 3, 2011

BIRD Vintage Inspired Party Picks

I recently had a coupon for Joann's so I purchased things I don't necessarily "need" but have been wanting to try.  Well, I used to make my little party picks or cupcake toppers with regular toothpicks, but I wanted to find something a little more sturdy so even if people were having little potted plants for centerpieces, for example, would be able to use these. There are quite a few different possibilities for these.




How I made them:
--------------------
I first punched 2 scalloped circles
I then hand aged the edges
I then stamped the bird on the one
I then glued the stick to one scalloped circle on all 12
I then glued the other side of the scalloped circle to all 12
I then punched holes on the top
and then I added the organdy ribbon


They measure 4 inches tall and 1 1/2 inches wide
They are created with flat picks
Hand aged on the edges and stamped birds in the center
Tied organdy ribbon on the tops



Hope everyone is having a wonderful friday! 
Emily

No comments: